An email alias is a procedure to create an additional name for your email account on any platform like Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail etc. it allows you to create alternative email addresses without having to create another email. Keep one thing in your mind that you cannot send email from an alias.
Hotmail Outlook Alias
You can manage aliases on your Microsoft account. You can change the way you sign in and add aliases to your Microsoft account. This alias can be an email address, phone number, or Skype name. The most important thing is that uses the same inbox, contact list and account setting as primary alias. Simple you need to sign in to your account with any of alias and they all use the same password.
If you don’t want to lose all your setting and data, and you need the flexibility of having several aliases that share the same subscription, then the use of aliases will help you.
Follow the steps to create an alias email address in outlook
• Sign in to the Microsoft account website.
• Click on the button your info
• Select manage your sign in email or select phone number
• If you are using two-factor authentication, then enter the necessary code before going to manage how you sign in to Microsoft screen.
• Enter a new email address which you want to act as an alias. You can also use your number as your alias.
• After that click on the button Add Alias.
• For setting up Alias, type folder name according to and you will see that the folder is shown on the left side.
If your email address is [email protected] and you create an alias [email protected], it means that if someone emails you on [email protected], you are able to login to [email protected] and can view that message. An alias or email address can only contain letters, numbers, dot (.), underscore (_) or dash/hyphen (-). Spaces and other special characters aren’t allowed.